17 January 2022

Local road ride taking in a few hills in the sunshine

 


After a rather cold and overcast weekend with some rain mixed in it was like a different day again today. There was a lovely sunrise followed by some rather nice sunshine. The frost soon lifted and left a pleasant day. I fancied another road ride taking in some lanes etc that I did back in the summer last week but with a few tweaks. I thought I would chance it not fitting my back up battery as I was hoping the main battery would last around 35+ miles. Well I kept going and adding extra loops onto the route and the climbing was well over 3000ft, the battery finally died at 38 miles and 3500ft of climbing. I was half way up the hill in Ushaw Moor, at crossroads which is half way up the hill before I turned right at the T junction to Bearpark at the top. Its the first time I have ever drained 100% of battery but the display still had one bar in red. Below are a few photos from the ride. All in just over 39 miles with an ave 14mph and total 3800ft of climbing. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment