9 January 2022

Mainly frozen ride along the old railway lines to Bishop n back

 


Well it was time to sling my leg over the saddle again and get a few frozen miles in. Again the weather has been terrible last week with rain, snow, sleet and winds. I checked the forecast this morning and it said dry but cold and it was right. I parked up at Bearpark and dropped straight onto the old railway line to Broom Park. The line was frozen solid in places with snow which had half melted then the rain that fell all day yesterday and then frozen overnight. Nothing I haven't ridden on before in my past 40+ years of experience. Steady away to Broompark where the sun was just trying to rise. I turned off left and took the old railway line towards Bishop. Once I was Meadowfield the sunrise was fantastic so stopped and took some photos. Again there was stretches of the old line which were solid sheet ice, crispy frost and wet, cold muddy sections through the wooded sections. There was not too many others out and about first thing. The Garmin had dipped down to minus -3.2 degrees and by the time I got back to Bearpark it was reading 0.0 degrees. Luckily the wind was not too bad so the sun kept me warm on the non shaded parts. It was the first time out on the gravel Creo with the new front tyre fitted. I now have a matching pair of Pirelli's. I also had my new Gorewear Gortex jacket on to keep the elements off my upper half., more on this in Fresh Goods Sunday soon. 
All in just under 22.5miles in 1hr 50 mins with 750ft of climbing. Enjoy a few snaps below from the ride and hopefully more soon- 




















No comments:

Post a Comment