17 July 2021

Very warm but quiet early morning spin down to Durham area n back.

 


Catch up - one of my busiest weeks at work before the schools break up and it did not let me down, if fact it has probably been my busiest year so far in the running up to the summer holidays to be honest. Anyway no time for any cycling but I did get an early finish on Thursday and Friday so was around Angus's house grafting away getting caught up with quiet a few jobs that have been on his list. What made matters worse was all of them apart from one were outside. Well here in Co Durham we are having a mini heatwave and by god it is bloody hot. I don't do heat so working outside 8 to 10 hours each day for the past three days has nearly killed me off . 
Very little sleep last night and was up at 3.50am for some daft reason I decided to drag out the Cube E mtb for a spin down to Durham, Maiden Castle, Houghall n home. It was 16 degrees at 6.30am and by the time I got back it was over 19 degrees! Nothing new just a mix of my usual trails, tracks and roads that I have ridden before. Durham was very quiet early morning so was lovely and peaceful. Below are a few snaps from the 16.5 mile ride in 1hr 24 mins with just 800ft of climbing. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment