25 July 2021

Sunday morning Durham Villages road loop and some new goodies


Yesterday me and Jane had a lovely day out down to Harrogate. We would have loved to stay over but the room prices were just unreal to he honest. Anyway we had a enjoyed day wandering around and doing some spending eating! I bought myself a new bash hat from Specialized Concept store, see further down the blog. I also bought a copy of Cranked CC magazine from WH Smiths, more on this after I have had time to have a flick through it. 
Today I was up and out and fancied some road work. I knew my legs were going to be tired after Fridays 6.5 mile hike and 7 hours on my feet yesterday. I set off and did my Durham Villages loop, it was cloudy and windy with the temperature around 12 degrees when I left home. There was hardly any traffic on any of the roads for the whole ride and no close skimmers either. I was going to do the extra loop over to Hetton but could not face Morsley bank on the return leg. All in just under 32 miles in 2 hours & 2 mins with 1900ft of climbing. Even though I felt tired inc my legs my average speed was still 15.6mph which is quiet high for me. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 


New rear Led light is spot on 

War wound from Angus's old fence

And so is the new saddle, very comfy 









Time to treat myself to a new bash hat. I have used MET helmets for the past near 30 years and never had any real problems with any of them but thought it was time for a change.. I tried a few helmets on in the Concept store at Harrogate and ended up with this one. More on this after a few rides. 


We also called in past Alison Court outside the metro centre on the way back from Berwick last week. We had a quick look around Evans Cycles, Pure Electric then into Alpkit. I have been after another SS merino wool base layer for a while and there new stock had just landed but no XL in any of the three new colours so they had one old stock XL in red so bought it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment