9 July 2021

Out n back from Annfield Palin to Washington on the C2C

 


Todays spin was a short one from Annfield Plain down the C2C to Washington / Biddick Lane n back. It started off cloudy and a headwind but the sun came out briefly after Birtley. There was a few more others out and about today especially cyclists and horse riders. Normally on this stretch of old railway line there is a fair amount of dog poo and broken glass but today there was a few piles of the old dog poo, no broken glass but loads off massive piles of horse poo. My legs were feeling empty even on the outward leg which is all down hill so when I turned I had a quick slurp of juice and thought right lets get my head down and get stuck into the 10 mile uphill return leg. It is a steady climb all the way and luckily no headwind. I have checked my Garmin stats and I was 3 mins 30 seconds slower coming back up. All in 20.50 miles, ave 15mph and 750ft climbing. 
Below are a few photos from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 



























No comments:

Post a Comment