4 November 2018

Sunday Morning Local Road Ride on the Norco Search

This morning I decided to dig out the Norco Search - winter road bike. I pumped up the tyres, oiled the gears / chain as it had a stiff link and off I went. The wind has died down but there was still a stiff breeze. I dropped down to Chester Le Street with a tail wind in no time then climbed up to Pelton Roseberry, Grange Villa, West Pelton, Beamish, Stanley, Oxhill, Annfield Plain then over to Burnhope. I was warm on the steady climbs all the way up to Burnhope but now I had a headwind and it was real nippy up there, 7.6 degrees. I took some photos then headed off down the road and turned left and took the country lane past Broom Hall Farm and then left again to drop me out at Sacriston. I took the last climb of the morning very steady all the way through Sacriston before dropping down the big hill passing New College. I called in past to see my mum at Newton Hall before heading home. Mileage was not massive but my legs felt as though they had done double - 24 miles, 1hr 49mins. Below are some better, sunnier snaps from todays ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -




















No comments:

Post a Comment