18 November 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - North Face Thermoball Gilet

I have had my Berghaus gilet for quiet a few years now and is starting to show signs of wear and tear. Some of the blue material has gone black and shinny and the lining in one of the pockets has ripped so I was on the look out for a new one. I did not want to speed a lot of money and could not find another Berghaus model but I did find this North Face model in the sale. I have a North Face duck down jacket and its very warm and has never let me down on a really cold day so thought this might be as good quality etc. It comes with two outside pockets and one inner pocket, not that I use that one. One other feature which is good idea is that it packs away into its one pocket. Ideal if you are out and about and if you get too warm to pack it away and it easy to carry or put into a bag. It keeps the wind off your chest and is not to bulky and I sometimes wear it under my goretex coat.
The gilet came in four colours and sizes from S to XXL. The new version only comes in black and the rrp is £140
RRP £130 and I paid £65

Manufacturers blurb -
Make the Thermoball™ Gilet your go-to layer for high-energy hikes this winter. Lightweight Thermoball™ insulation traps body heat in key areas to keep you cosy in seriously cold conditions. It’s just as compressible as down yet insulates even when wet, and even stows in its own pocket when you don’t need it. A hem cinch cord helps lock in extra warmth, and with a sleeveless design, you benefit from core coverage and maximum arm mobility - great for scrambling over boulders.
Product Specifications
  • Style:
    3BRG
  • Shell:
    15D 33g/m² 100% Nylon/ Insulation
Features
  • 15D nylon ripstop with Thermoball™ insulation
  • Thermoball™ insulation: 9.5 g/ft2 throughout the body, 15 g/ft2 in collar
  • Exposed moulded-tooth centre front zip
  • Internal elastic cuff
  • Secure zip hand pockets
  • Stowable in pocket
  • Hem cinch cord
  • Internal zip pocket added



 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment