30 November 2018

Cold and wet miserable ride around Hamsterley


What a week of rain again but today the forecast was dry and sunny. Well it was not dry or sunny at Hamsterley Forest when I was there. It has been a long time since i have seen the forest as muddy, as soon as you turn off any fire road / gravel track it is ankle deep. I had planned on going over to Doctors Gate / Monkey trees over looking Frosterley but the wind on the xposed moor was near gale force and it was lashing rain so headed back down into the forest for some shelter. I never seen a single sole the whole ride and only one deer. After one and a half hours of freezing cold wind / rain I was near the crossroads at the far end of the forest. I wanted to do another hour but I had enough. The garmin was now reading 1 degree and I was soaked. I headed straight down the hill to the grove then picked up the grove link back to main carpark area. Once I reached the hut the rain stopped and the sun was trying to get out, typical! Below are a few cold, wet, overcast & muddy photos. Enjoy and hopefully more soon -

PS - NECCL RD8 tomorrow at Gypsies Green Velodrome, South Shields.




























No comments:

Post a Comment