5 September 2018

Sunday morning ride to Parkhead Quarry n back on the E Cube mtb

Just back from our holidays and I fancied a long off road one. My legs / body was still a little sore after the Glentress bashing so I took the E Cube mtb out for a spin. It was simple out and back route taking in the old railway lines up to the old quarry past Parkhead cafĂ©. It was overcast but warm when I left and the sun came out just after crossing Hownsgill viaduct. The wind was not too bad early morning but by the time I hit the open moor on the top it was a full on headwind all the way. On the way back it was mainly a tailwind and the sun was still shinning. The Garmin topped out at just over 22 degrees. The lines were busy with other users - runners, walkers, horse riders, dog walkers and cyclists. By the time I got back home it was 50.25 miles, pleased with that and two full bars left on the battery. My body was starting to feel the pain with 5-6 miles to go so used tour mode on some of the hills! Below are some snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon -






Not bad temp for 7.30am! warmer than the 3.2 degrees at Glentress a few days before.


























Half way point, same route but in reverse on the way back, nice and simple







Rather warm coming through Lanchester on the way back



No comments:

Post a Comment