3 September 2018

Glentress Black - Part 2

On the fourth day after doing the red and blue I wanted to ride the black route. I looked back on my Garmin and the last time I rode the black it was with Angus in 2015. There was no way I was going to take the Beast of East around so I was up and out by 7am on the E Bike! it was fully charged and ready to rock and roll. It was a beautiful sun rise over Peebles but real nippy, 3.2 degrees on the Garmin. In fact the Garmin just reached double figures when I finished the ride. I rode from our Lodge and along the riverside to pick up the cycle way to Glentress Forest then straight onto the Black. The views from the tops over the valleys was fantastic. It was lovely and sunny and no wind for a change. Still quite a few puddles but apart from that it was spot on. I realised half way around that I forgot the pump! and only had one 20g Co2 cartridge so had to take the downhills very steady! The route is still as hard as ever and the climbing is brutal, but easier on the E bike! I never seen a sole the whole ride or any wildlife. Once I had finished and back to the Peel I looked down to see how much travel I had used on the forks as my palms were sore, well Angus must have locked the forks out the day before to ride back to the lodge and forgot to un lock them. That will explain why my upper body was so sore, total plonker I am. Anyway I really enjoyed the route and covered the full black in 2hrs 15mins. By the time I rode back to the Lodge the bike was down to one bar and I only used Turbo once for a 20ft stretch! When I was doing the black Angus had a ride up to the Nest and did some skills routes then took the blue back down to the peel. Jane went swimming and Arran had a lie in. Angus and Arran did some more biking in the afternoon around Cadmuir Forest - this is very steep and hard work on bike and by foot!
Below are a few more snaps, enjoy and Part 3 to follow asap.







































No comments:

Post a Comment