30 September 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Silca Borsa Americano

I normally use a small Scott zip pouch when I go and about on the bike to carry my phone (small one), key and cash. I was after something bigger to carry a little more equipment such as a Co2 and second spare road tube if out on the road bike. I have some Silca tools and quality is just unreal so I bought this pouch quite a few months ago to give it a try. Again the quality is good but I have heard the zip is not waterproof and can let water in but I don't tend to ride in the pouring rain, if I do get caught out I also carry a pertex to put on so covers this in my back pocket. I can understand why riders have faulted this part of the design because the main material is recycled inner tubes / rubber which is waterproof. It is ample big enough for what I want to carry and slides in my jersey back pockets with ease. There are side pockets of different sizes on the inside side panels as well as the main central section. The rrp is too high in my eyes but I cannot complain for what I paid. It will be used on more rides coming over the autumn / winter.

RRP £45.00 and I paid £27.49

Manufacturers Blurb -
We partnered with Colorado-based Ecologic Designs to create this simple yet stylish limited-edition storage solution for your every day riding essentials.  Constructed of upcycled bicycle inner-tubes and upcycled wetsuit neoprene, the Borsa Americano is designed by SILCA and sewn by EcoLogic featuring four internal pockets of various sizes to give you plenty of storage options. The main compartment is designed exactly to the dimensions of an iPhone 7+ with case, resulting in minimal bulk or excess material. For the rest of the bag, it's really up to you what you want to carry. This bag is less structured than other SILCA bags, allowing the user to pack it however they like for minimal bulk and size.  The large inner side pocket is perfect for storing cash or credit cards, while other pockets can hold everything from your house key to patch kit.
Made in the USA
  • Nylon coloured interior liners
  • Upcycled bicycle inner tubes and wetsuit neoprene
  • Nylon teeth and Zinc zipper
  • Weather resistant exterior
  • Dimensions: 17.5cm L x 9cm W x 2cm T empty (Dimensions will change when packed)
  • Weight: 160 grams







  • No comments:

    Post a Comment