12 September 2017

Swapping over onto Winter tyres!

Well its time to start swapping / fitting some new tyres. The wife's Scott's tyres were starting to look a litte worn and old so time for a fresh pair. I had a pair of some new old Michy's in the spare's box so that should slow her down on the tarmac a little.





Then it was on to my 650b Hunt wheels for the Mason. I took the Bonti slick off and fitted a Fast Trak 2" 2 Bliss knobbly. The tread is more aggressive than the Panaracer on the rear so will see how this performs over the winter months. I was using a inner tube with the Bonti and had planned on going tubeless with the new tyre but could not get to air it up even with the compressor so stuck the inner tube back in. 










Then it was onto the Slate - Took the G One off the front and fitted a Surly Knard. I already have one on the rear so will be running a pair over the winter months. 




Now I only have the Krampgrease and Beast of the N East to swap the tyres on. I am still waiting for a replacement XTR brake lever from Merlins / Shimano for the Krampgrease so its off the road anyway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment