7 November 2023

I am back and out on the bike - post storm old railway line riding

 


Well I am finally back and out on the bike. I have nearly recovered from two consecutive man flues which were back to back and some of the wettest weather I have seen for a lot of years. 
I decided to take a day off today as the forecast was looking dry for a change to get out on my bike. I opted for my gravel Creo for a regular double loop I do taking in a few of County Durham's old railway lines. It is the first time I have been out on the lines since all the storms and they are still very wet and muddy in places. Loads of sections of loose deep gravel from wash outs during the storms. Which in turn leaves massive long deep ruts in the track. Some up at Stanley Crook way are nearly a foot deep! I would hate to loose my front wheel down one of those in the dark. With all the leaves coming off the tress these are hiding quite a few ruts / roots etc as well. It was nice to be back out and was not too cold but a steady head wind in places. All in just under 36 miles in 2hrs 50 mins with 1800ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 















No comments:

Post a Comment