29 November 2023

Feeling more like a proper winter day by day - mainly frozen lines

 


I had an early finish today so I took the gravel Creo out for a nippy spin up the old railway line to Consett from Langley Park. The sun was out for most of the ride which made it a lot more pleasant in freezing temperature. The old railway lines were mainly frozen apart from the wooded sections where it is still cold brown sloppy water / leaves. From Consett I turned left and over Hownsgill viaduct where Durham County Council are resurfacing another short section of track under the little tunnel area. Once I reached 10 miles I headed back down the same way where there was a few more other users out n about. By now the sun had melted the top layer of the track where it was not shaded making it soft going in places. Below are a few snaps from the ride. All in 20 miles on the nose with 800ft of climbing in 1hr 38mins. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 











No comments:

Post a Comment