19 June 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - Panaracer GravelKing Slick + TLC Folding tyre 700c x 35mm


This will be the third set of tyres on my Specialized Creo road bike. I bought a new pair of Specialized tyres that failed to stop leaking sealant out of the side walls so Evans exchanged them for some Panaracer Gravel king slick 32c’s. These set up well and lasted a short time on the back and the centre tread run off. I kept getting cuts to the tyre so swapped them front to back. That did not last long as both with squirting Stans nearly every ride I went out. I then thought I would buy the newer slick plus model to see if they will offer better protection. I also went up a size to 35c with black side walls instead of amber. I prefer black sidewalls, think they look smarter on deep section carbon rims. 
Anyway back to the tyres, I have set up loads of different models / widths of Gravel kings over the years with no problems but these were a little slack on the rim and did not air up first time, even with my compressor. After an hour or so I got them both beaded onto the rims with Stan’s in but it was hard work. They look to come up big for a 35c and my first thoughts were I should have stuck to my 32 width. I have had a couple of rides on them and had no problems with them so far. They don't seem to be that much slower / draggy compared to the 32c width. They offer plenty of grip and cornering feels confident. I have dropped the pressure down due to the extra width and feel more comfortable, soaking in the lovely glass some roads and county lanes here in Co Durham lol. Hopefully these will last a few extra miles and stand up to cuts a little more. 

RRP £49.99 and I paid £31.73 from Merlin Cycles inc 48hr p&p - Discount 37%

Manufacturers Blurb - 

Perfect for dirt and gravel, the GravelKing+ Slick TLC combines exceptional puncture resistance with low rolling resistance.

The Slick+ has always been the strongest version of our hugely popular GravelKing range and it now has even better puncture resistance, with the use of ProTite Shield Plus for withstanding tough conditions. Developed with ZSG compound to enhance durability and wear resistance. Lightweight, ultra-thin 'Ax-Alpha Cord' has been used to make it even lighter in weight.

This is the perfect tyre for those dusty summer tracks, or for getting that bit more traction on the roads.

FEATURES

  • Tubeless Compatible (up to 60psi)
  • ZSG (Zero Slip Grip) Natural Compound
  • AX-a Advanced Extra Alpha Cord
  • ProTite Shield + Plus
  • Sizes: 700 x 32c / 700 x 35c / 700 x 38c
  • Weight: 330g / 350g / 360g
  • Colours: Black/Black, Black/Brown
  • Made in Japan

TECHNOLOGIES

ZSG (Zero Slip Grip) Natural Compound
This compound has the same low rolling resistance as the Ultima compound. Its enhanced wear resistance makes it perfect for a long-lasting training tyre with an excellent ride.

AX-a Advanced Extra Alpha Cord
AX technology uses extremely narrow cord which is weaved at a super high density into the casing for lightness and flexibility. This increased density improves resistance to cuts and abrasions.

ProTite Shield + Plus
AX technology uses extremely narrow cord which is weaved at a super high density into the casing for lightness and flexibility. This increased density improves resistance to cuts and abrasions.















No comments:

Post a Comment