16 June 2022

A spin up and down a very dusty and hot Waskerely Way (C2C)

 


Well we finally have some heat and sun here in County Durham. Don't worry it is not going to last long, tomorrow (Friday) is forecasted to be cloudy all day with winds of 37mph but 22 degrees so today I decided to have a another spin along another couple more of Co Durham's old railway lines. I was in my summer shorts and short sleeved jersey but still had my gilet on as I knew the descent coming back down from Waskerley can be cold on chest. If fact I had a headwind for the 10 miles. It was a simple straight forward out n back to Consett then turned left and headed to Parkhead but I did not get that far today. As you can see below the lines are still bone dry and very dusty. They were not that busy either considering the lovely weather. 
All in just under 35 miles with 1400ft of climbing. Enjoy the snaps below and hopefully more soon- 





















No comments:

Post a Comment