24 June 2022

A local road ride around Tow Law area taking in a few climbs

 


I took to the local roads / country back lanes for some tarmac riding instead of the dusty lines for a change. It was about time I dragged my lazy arse up some climbs and get my lungs working. The ride started off with some hazy sunshine but it clouded over and there was no baking sun like yesterdays heat wave of 26 degrees. That temperature is far too hot for me to turning the pedals in. It was a lot cooler today with the Garmin reading between 13 and 16 degrees. There was a stiff breeze up at Tow Law, as you would expect due to the height of the place. The roads and lanes were lovely and quiet with very little traffic for a Friday. No real close passes either, if fact I only had one and that was around a few feet away. The bike was going and looking well but I need to adjust the limit screw on the rear mech as it was struggling to get into the biggest ring on rear. Below are a few snaps from the 31 miler with 3100ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 





















No comments:

Post a Comment