28 July 2019

Weekly catch up inc heat wave and flooding

Well its been a funny old week. Monday I went down the hospital for my check up. Cut a long storey short I seen a new consultant as my surgeon of 9 years has gone to London and my special clinical nurse who I have know for nearly 30 years is on holiday and soon to retire. Well I have to go back in for more urgent surgery. He did not like the look of a mole on my back so I am back in on the slab yet again. I got my surgery date within 1 1/2 from leaving the hospital! and its this Wednesday. Certainly not hanging about again. Then it will be the waiting game for the test results to come back from the lab.
Tuesday the heat wave landed and by god did it land. This continued until Thursday night but was cooler on the Friday. On top of that there was a burst water main at Nevilles Cross which has caused massive traffic jams all week but the council has delayed closing Browney bank until Aug 10th.
I also took the Viva through to Mark Sawkins at Willington for him to sort out the wheel pressure sensors and knock the light off on the dash. It was all done and dusted and ready to collect by mid morning. I then took it for its test ofn Friday and passed with flying colours. I also manged a 2 1/2 hike on Thursday, yes the hottest day of the year but did not feel too bad as they was a strong breeze.
Yesterday it lashed with rain all day and there was loads of localised flooding. Me and Jane had a spin through to Bishop for food/drink shopping at Morrisons and fuelled up the van on the way back. We had a quick spin around the town as well for some odds n sods inc breakfast in spoons. We called in past Brandon on the way home to see Janes mum and Dad and dropped off some shopping etc.
It was forecast rain all today but I woke to sunshine so checked the forecast and headed off out on the bike (see the next blog).
The second Maxxis tyre landed this week for the Cannondale Synpase Neo 1, so I whipped off the crap WTB and fitted it with Stans. No problems what so ever. Aired up and sealed first time.





 
I also ordered a new pair of Sidi's this week, I don't really need them as the pair I have will probably last another 10+ years knowing the build quality from Sidi but I could not resist a good bargain. They have not landed yet so will post a pic when they do.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment