28 July 2019

Sunday morning local village road ride loop

Well the forecasted all day rain did not wake me this morning (not that I am sleeping much at the mo) but sunshine instead. I did a quick check of the forecast and it had changed with sunny intervals up to 10am then dry with cloud until mid afternoon. It was time to dig the bike back out. Quick pump of the tyres and I was off. I must have forgot to charge it the last time and oil the chain! The roads were still soaking wet from the last 24 hours of rain but they were starting to dry with the temperature around 17 degrees and the sun coming in and out. I did not want to go to far as the battery was not fully charged so did my Durham local village loop which means I am never to far away from home. The roads were lovely and quiet and I enjoyed the ride. The hills were hot work where there was no wind but once I got up to Quarrington Hill I soon cooled down in the stiff wind. All in I covered just under 33 miles and was out 2 hours 7 mins with nearly 2000ft of climbing. When I got back I still had loads of battery left and could have done a 50 miler which I had planed, oh well better to be safe than sorry. I charged the bike up and oiled the chain as soon I got back in. Then it was car washing / cleaning time. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and I normally say "hopefully more soon" but there probably will not be as I will be recovering from the op.

















No comments:

Post a Comment