28 December 2015

Tweaking the Beast of the East


Had a spare hour or two this morning so decided to alter the seat post height, slide the saddle back, tweaked the rear mech cable tension and adjusted the tyre pressure's.
I then stripped down the chainset / bb for greasing and found some water in the bottom of the bb shell. I forgot to block the hole off at the rear of the seat tube where the dropper seatpost cable was supposed to come out. There was no bung so I taped over it for the time being until I can find/make a rubber bung to go in.
I then greased the bb bearings and reassembled the chainset. The spindle is the new drilled out even lighter version, see photo below. That's it ready for another ride for some more bedding in.
Then I gave the man cave a tidy up and cleared my workbench so I can see the top again!








No comments:

Post a Comment