6 December 2015

Fresh Goods Sunday - Selle Italia SLR Titanium Saddle

I have been using Selle Italia saddles for many years now and tend to stick to the same manufacturer / shape on all of my bikes. Some of my MK1 SLR 125g models have become very scruffy / torn etc so was looking for a new one for my Cannondale Black Nano. This is the latest version on the basic SLR model. There are many different versions of the SLR on the market but found these to last along time and reasonably comfy on your rear. The price has shot up over the years, I remember paying around £60 for the 125g version and around £50 for the 165g extra padded version. The rrp is now £150, now that is a lot of money for a mass produced saddle in my opinion so shop around, all the retailers seem to be around the £110 mark so when this one come up for just over £50 I snapped it up. The weight is even lighter than the claimed weight, I also checked the weight of the old 125g version and was 140g on the nose as well!
Here is the manufacturers blurb -
The Selle Italia SLR Titanium Bike Saddle has light padding for comfort and a breathable full-grain leather covering. It has a 30% carbon composite shell construction and a strong, light titanium rail tube.
  • Strong, light and durable 7 mm, B grade Titanium tube
  • 30% Carbon composite shell construction
  • Breathable full-grain leather covering
  • Lighter padding for comfort and cushioning
  • Dimensions: 131 mm x 275 mm
  • Weight: 145 g








No comments:

Post a Comment