12 April 2015

Fresh Goods Sunday - Velox Rear Saver Mudguard

I have been looking at buying one of these ass saver guards since they come out but the rrp was putting me off big style. I was putting an order together from On One / Planet X and came across these Velox copies. The price was more realistic £3.99 and free p&p so decided to get one to give it a go. When it landed how on earth is small piece of thin plastic worth £4 i will  never know but there you go. I fitted it to my cx bike and took some wiggling into place after undoing my seat pack straps. As for getting it back off well that took about 4-5 mins and sore fingers at the end. Once on its looks pretty naff and too short but if it keeps my ass dry that is what it is all about. On the first ride the frost had lifted out of the old railway line so there was plenty of surface water/mud spray to test it out. Once back to the start I took my top off and it was covered as well as my ass/winter tights - it failed big style. It may have reduced the amount of spray but I was still covered. On that note I will not be buying another one or a proper ass saver version either. It is too short, too thin & too fiddly to fit / take off and too expensive.
Here is the manufactures blurb, sorry bullshit
You can keep your back and backside dry without spending top dollar on a full set of mudguards. The Velox Rear Saver mudguard fits in seconds and will deflect road spray away from your back helping to keep you drier for longer. It fits in seconds and can be removed just as quickly saving you time and money. Hugely popular with the urban cycle and fixie crowd the Velox Rear Saver is one of those must have products for any serious cyclist who doesn't have a full time winter bike.
Quick fit, saddle mounted rear mudguard. Ideal for urban cyclists who don't want to mount a full mudguard set.

  • Lightweight and durable polypropylene design
  • Quick fit and remove, no permanent mountings
  • Deflects most rear tyre spray
  • The most economical mudguard solution
  • Available in a huge range of colours and styles
I have tried fitting it on my road bike and is slightly easier but not tested the ass saving spray protection yet.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment