14 August 2020

A wet, windy, cold & foggy local road ride& a new Specialized tubeless tyre leaking like a sive.


Sorry for the lack of blogs the last few days but I have been very busy with work and my own stuff. We have finally managed to complete on my late mums house and is now sold. There was no estate agent involved so you would think it would go smoothly, well it didn't. The solicitors we were recommended were to say not the best and that is putting it very mildly. If you are thinking of using Evans & Co at Ferryhill or Spennymoor think twice, that is all I am going to say.
Anyway after some rather long days at work I have decided to take a day off today. One of our cars has gone for its mot after getting some repairs done at Mark Sawkins, Willington earlier in the week. He offers great service and reasonable rates.
I had a couple of hours spare before dropping the car off so fitted my second Specialized tyre to the front as the other one was leaking through the side walls, well guess what the second one is also leaking through the side walls, see photos below. So both tyres will be going back to Evans Durham.
The weather was not great with a strong breeze, misty, foggy and very heavy drizzle but I still wanted to get out for a loop. For some stupid reason I headed for the hills, well Burnhope where you can see in the photo is was awful weather and cold - 11 degrees. Once back home all my soaking wet cycling gear went in the washer and I put on some lovely dry / warm clothing. Yes its summertime but the NE we have not had the heatwave they have had down south this week.
Below are a few snaps and hopefully more soon -

















No comments:

Post a Comment