19 August 2020

Early morning spin around a very wet Durham loop + Catch up

After a crazy week of work last week I took last Friday and yesterday off. I had loads off jobs to catch up with around the house /  cars etc.  Myself and Jane had a weekend down in York as well. York city centre was not busy on the Saturday but the Designer Outlet Shopping centre was rammed on the Sunday.
The weather has been poor to say the least and this morning the sun has finally come back out and it has stopped raining. I was up and out early doing my normal loop down to Durham, over to Maiden Castle / Houghall Woods / The Trod back around Durham then home via Frankland / The Sands. All in 15.5 miles in 1hr 17 mins. The tracks and roads are soaking wet and up in the eyes in clarts! Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -
ps - Fresh Goods update at the bottom























PBK sent me a 14% off voucher code so ordered another spare pair of 700c x 43mm Gravelking tyres. They worked out at less then £25 per tyre inc p&p.


 
I took the Specialized tyres back to Evans and they exchanged them for another pair. I fitted one to the front wheel without any sealant just to check if the sidewalls would leak. I fitted them with some washing up liquid and they seated first time but the sidewalls was leaking on both sides nearly all the way around. I checked the second tyre and that was just the same. I have left the wheels and tyres with Evans for them to see what the hell is going on with them.





No comments:

Post a Comment