16 August 2020

Fresh Goods Sunday - Schwalbe SV17 60mm Valve Presta 700c x 28-45mm Inner Tubes

After I bought the new DT Swiss gravel wheel set I only had one old spare inner tube that fitted the rim/tyre circumference/width with the correct valve length. I tried quiet a few local Cycle Shops but none had any in stock so went on line. A lot of on line shops had also sold out but found the Schwalbe ones in stock at Spa Cycles down in Harrogate. I ordered three, one for the saddle bag on the bike, a second spare for the storage water bottle on the bike a third spare to keep in my van for just in case emergencies.
I have used various different sizes of Schwalbe inner tubes over the numerous years and they have never let me down. They are good quality and the valve cores don't pull out of the tube easily either. The quality of the presta valve is good and you cannot really go wrong for a fiver each.

RRP £8.49 and I paid £5.00 from Spa Cycles

Manufacturers blurb - Schwalbe tubes are designed & manufactured to retain air pressure considerably longer than their competitors. Not only is each individual tube inflated & inserted into a mould to ensure that there is even wall thickness & excellent air retention, they are also stored under pressure for 24hrs to test air retention. Valve length of 60mm for Extra Long version. Weight 150g.







 
Conti also do an inner tube that is the same size, same valve length and the same price, fiver!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment