24 October 2019

Sunny, windy, cool local gravel loop + update on tyres

The sun decided to come out for a change so I decided to take the bike out for a steady short local mainly off road local loop. The lines have started to dry up nicely again but this will not last long looking at the forecast for Friday afternoon / night and Saturday. The wind was out again but it was warmer, around 10 degrees. The lines and tracks were nice and quiet so not too much slowing down. I had washed and cleaned the bike but by the time I got back it was sprayed in mud again, not too worry! Below are some sunny snaps, a short video clip then an update on the ever going tyre saga.




















 
 
Well I contacted PBK and sent them a photo, at first they said it was due to several items puncturing the tyre. So I took the tyre off and cleaned it all out and there was nothing that had gone through the tread or sidewalls. I even took it over to Evans and they confirmed it was a manufacturing defect. I emailed more photos to PBK and a different customer service advisor asked it I wanted a full refund or credit with PBK to be used in 6 months. They also informed me that they have stopped stocking this model of tyre, I wonder why!
 
 
So I bough two new specialized tyres from Evans at Pity Me. They were ready to collect an hour before they opened the shop! I called in past and they even fitted the rear one and filled it sealant free of charge. They even wanted me to drop of my front wheel as well.

 
And I also noticed that the tread on my rear 650b x 2" Panaracer was getting well down so bought a cheap pair of Conti 27.52 x 2" tyres.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment