13 October 2019

Early Sunday morning local road ride - Durham Villages

The forecast was for rain all day but a couple of hours of dry early morning. I had not planned on going out on the bike but when I looked out of the window at 6.30am it was not raining so dragged the bike out and fitted some lights. I had charged up the rear light from yesterday but the two front lights were first time out this season straight from my tub. I did not have time to charge them so put them on a medium high power mode just in case. It was pitch black when I set off around 7.15am and very misty. It was also very cold with the Garmin hovering around 5 to 6 degrees. I could not believe how much traffic there was on the A167 around Nevilles Cross area at that time of day on a Sunday. Once I turned and headed of the A167 it was much quieter. I did not do my full Durham village loop and did some diversions etc but still covered 26.5 miles in 1 hr 40 mins with 1500ft of climbing. All my lights lasted the whole ride and are now on charge ready for the next dark outing. The camera does not show just how dark it was early on but as you can see I defo never had any sunrise / sunshine lol. Enjoy the few snaps below and hopefully more soon -






















No comments:

Post a Comment