20 October 2019

Fresh Goods Sunday - UPDATE on Maxxis Re-Fuse MS TR Road / Gravel Tyre 700 x 32c

Well after three WTB tyres failing on my Cannondale Synapse Neo I bought these Maxxis models to see if they would last any longer. Well after nearly three months of use they have been spot on off road and on the road. Yes they leaked a small amount air over time but apart from that no problems. Over the last week I have noticed that they have started to leak some sealant from the tread and side walls. I went to check the pressure in the back wheel last night and found a large egg in the tyre and the start of a smaller egg appearing. This is what happened to the WTB tyres and the WTB exploded. I have let the pressure right down so they don't go out with a bang but they have lasted 11 weeks in total. The front one has no blistering / eggs at the mo but is leaking sealant.
I will email PBK where I purchased the tyres from and send them the photos and see what they say. I will update the blog with any updates.
I will keep my HUNT 650b wheelset on for the mo! I just don't think road tyres and met to be tubeless! might have to go back to good old fashioned inner tubes!










No comments:

Post a Comment