12 October 2019

Saturday morning local spin over the border into Northumberland and back


After the heavy rain at the start of the week the rest of the week has been ok. I managed a near 3.5 hour hike on Thursday and out on the bike this morning. I took the back roads out of Lanchester and headed straight up towards Waskerley. The long climb up was ok and not much head wind for a change. Once on the top I turned right and dropped down to Edmundbyers. The descent was very fast and I just touched 50mph but there was loads of sheep on the road sides and crossing over. Once in the village I turned left at the far end of the village to head around the reservoir road to Blanchland. I was going to call in past the village shop but it is now North Pennies E Bike Shop and it was closed. Some sections along this stretch of road was slow going, not sure why but I was pleased when I dropped down into Blanchland. I rode through the square and turned left and past the picnic area and up the massive steep climb towards the Waskerley road again. The tarmac is super smooth for most of the climb but the last third has now been chipped. The views were amazing over the moors and only a couple of cars to worry about. Once at the top I turned right and was going to drop down to Stanhope, then Wolsingham, up and down to Tow Law and back but I turned left off the road to pick up the C2C at Parkhead cafĂ©. The descent down to Cosnett was very fast with a massive tailwind. I then turned right at the junction and back down to Lanchetser way. All in 40 miles with 3500ft of climbing in 2 hrs 55min. Below are loads of photos and some video clips at the bottom of the blog. Enjoy and hopefully more soon -






















































 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment