16 December 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Shimano L02A resin ice tech disc pads

I have been running the Mason for a while now and knew the front pads were running down. I had bought four pairs of new pads for the Ultegra disc callipers on the Norco Search and thought they would be the same ones. Once I removed the pads from the Mason I soon noticed they were a different shape and size. A quick google and was knocked over the rrp on these, it is staggering. So after 15 mins or so I ordered some from Bike Discount in Germany and paid the postage but still worked out way cheaper than anything in the uk. As for the pads they have worked well in the dry & mud. They have not been noisy and have performed well. I cannot say if the fins have improved the braking quality as I don't really descend on long enough descents that would boil the brakes really. It only takes a few minutes to swap the pads if you have the correct tools. I have a few more spare pairs for when the back ones need replacing and "just in case" situations.
LINK
RRP £20 and I paid £9.28

Manufacturers blurb - Improve your performance with the Shimano L02A Disc Brake Pads. These genuine pads offer a direct replacement for BRR808 and BRR505 brakes, while the cooling fins and resin compound increase stopping power and modulation.
The Shimano L02A Disc Brake Pads are a genuine replacement part for BRR808 and BRR505 models. Utilising a resin construction, these pads are softer and as such offer improved modulation and less noise. The additional cooling fins help keep the brakes cold and performing at their best, no matter the gradient or distance ahead.







No comments:

Post a Comment