30 December 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Park Tool DCW-3 Cone Spanner 17mm - 18mm

I have a selection of cone spanners going back many years but more modern bikes come with bigger cones now than the old 13mm - 15mm range. I have a couple of the better quality Park Tool SCW single ended cone spanners which are excellent quality / build. The last hub I stripped down I needed two cone spanners just on one side to loosen off  the lock nut whilst holding the inner cone nut. On the outer most nut you can normally use an adjustable spanner but not this time. I did not want to spend too much on another spanner and found this Park Tool one which also has a 18mm end which I did not have. The job is nice and simple now hat I have two 17mm cone spanners! There is not too much to these spanners and are simple, basic and cheap. If you are going to be using them all the time I would pay the extra and get the SCW models ranging from 13mm right the way through to 28mm in 1mm increments. If you are feeling super flush then you can buy a full set of ever size scw-set-3
RRP £7.00 and I paid £3.60

Manufacturers Blurb -
These cone wrenches are designed for the home mechanic or occasional user. They're made of thin steel and are nickel plated and heat treated for long use. Available in four popular sizes from 13mm to 18mm. DCW-1, 2, 3, 4. Their small size makes them ideal to carry along for quick repairs.,
  • 17mm and 18mm,


,







No comments:

Post a Comment