9 December 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Berghaus Helvellyn Shell Gortex Overtrousers

I bough these over trousers quite a few months back when we had the heatwave / long summer. They have been in the cupboard with there labels on ready for the winter. Well over the last few weeks it has virtually never stopped raining here in County Durham. I have some Goretex Berghaus trousers and are spot on but wanted some new over trousers as my last pair were 20+ years old and too small. These were pricey but have not let me down in the last couple of weeks. Last Saturday I had my goretex trousers and goretex over trousers on and I was out from 9am to 2.15pm in the lashing rain and my legs were bone dry. They have long zips up the sides of the legs so you don't have to remove your shoes / boots before putting them on or taking them off. You can pull them in at the ankle as well and have extra protection on the inside for rubbing. So far I cannot fault them and will hopefully last as long as my old pair and will be more than happy.
RRP £100 and I paid £60

Manufacturers blurb - Trek on through the wettest weather with the highly durable and waterproof Men's Helvellyn GORE-TEX® Overtrouser. These highly featured overtrousers offer both comfort and protection - with articulated knees and thigh ventilation you can stay dry without hindering performance.
  • 2L Gore-Tex® waterproof, windproof and breathable performance outer shell
  • Polyester mesh lining
  • Elasticated waist band
  • ¾ length water-resistant two way zips for venting
  • Articulated knees
  • Adjustment studs at hem
  • Kick patches
  • Weight: approx 388g
















  • No comments:

    Post a Comment