26 December 2018

Boxing Day local spin on the E Mtb

After a day of lazing around, eating food and drinking yesterday it was time to get my lazy arse into gear. The weather was looking good so I set off around 8.30am and it was overcast and cool. I took the back way over to Baxters wood then onto the lines to Broom Park then onto the line to Bishop. There was not many other people out and about and the lines were dry'ish. Once at Bishop I climbed out on the road to pick up the line to Spenny. By now there was a few other people out and about with the sun out. I decided to take in the woods for the singletrack through Spenny which were mainly ok but once I crossed the small bridge at the bottom to climb back up through Tudhoe woods it was ankle deep in sticky / slippery wet mud. Even the e bike could not get me up the climb so it was a push up. Once out of the woods I picked up the country lane to the back of Croxdale I decided not to tackle these woods as they get very muddy near the viaduct end so stuck to the cycle path. Through Croxdale estate, around the back of Bowburn, Low Shincliffe, Maiden Castle then the river banks to Durham. It was too busy to go all the way around the riverside so went up and over and dropped onto the millennium bridge and back home via Frankland farm, dog kennels and the sands. All in 37 miles and my body was starting to get tired. Once back home it was time to wash the bike and all my clothes as I was up the clarts. Enjoy the photos below and hopefully more soon -

































No comments:

Post a Comment