12 August 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Brooks Cambium C12 132mm

I have only ever had one Brooks leather saddle before and to be honest I could not get away with it so I had to sell it. When Brooks very first launched the new Cambium saddle I thought that might make a good saddle for a change from my normal Selle Italia. As the years have gone by Brooks have introduced various different models / sizes / colours and always seem to get great reviews. When the carbon railed version came out my eyes opened up even more but the price tag was quite hefty to pay it your bottom does not like the shape / feel. So when one came up at less than a hundred quid I bit the bullet and coughed up and it landed two days later.
I was planning on fitting it to the Mason but the USE Ti Sumo seat post does not fit the oval rails without an adaptor. I did not want to buy an adaptor if I did not like the saddle so had to hunt around in my spares box to find a Cannondale carbon pin which you fits oval rails, job sorted. I have left it on the Mason and I am really enjoying the saddle. Its nearly the same width and length of the SLR that I took off but has more of a rounded section to the rear. After a few rides I am finding my self sliding a little further back onto the saddle than I would normally so will have to slid it forward on the post as the reach is a little too stretched at times. I have had no problems with comfort or rubbing yet. There are no signs of any wear on the saddle and by all accounts even after several thousands of miles they look just as good. I am going to keep the saddle and leave it on Mason for now. If I am still enjoying it then I will look into buying the oval rail clamp for the USE Sumo Ti post.
RRP £172 and I paid £99 inc p&p

Manufacturers blurb - The C13 utilises the same vulcanised natural rubber and organic cotton top of the Cambium line, yet weighs 150g less than the popular C15 model. This is accomplished through a continuous carbon rail that eliminates performance-resistant contact points and saves weight.
Finished with aluminium rivets in all black, the C13 is the first in a new lightweight Cambium range from which various new models will follow. Tested in the Arenberg Forest by David Millar.
Comfort at its lightest.
  • VULCANISED RUBBER AND ORGANIC COTTON TOP
  • OVAL CARBON RAILS
  • MADE IN ITALY
  • Features:
    • Lightweight carbon frame
    • Flexible natural rubber top
    • Hardwearing aluminium rivets
    • Length: 275mm
    • Width: 132mm
    • Height: 55mm
    • Weight: 259g


     





















     



     



    No comments:

    Post a Comment