5 August 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Park Tool HMR-4 21oz Shop Hammer

I have had my old Park Tool HMR-2 for some time now and has seen some action! Its small and nimble with a rubber and steel ends to the head. When I was looking on the Park Tool website I noticed they have took out a larger / heavier / newer version so I shopped around and ordered one. On paper it does not look that much bigger or heavier but when it landed in the post I thought omg its a beast. This is a good weight and size and will probably shift anything that smaller hammer could not. The handle has changed and does not feel so good as the old one. The overall construction / look and feel of the HMR-4 is cheaper / less quality and tbh I don't think its up to Parks normal standard. I have used good quality hammers when I was on the gear as a joiner and know a cheaper standard hammer when I see one. It does feel well balanced when in your hand though. We will see how it performs over the coming years of use.
RRP £20 and I paid £14.69

Manufacturers Blurb - Features:
  • Forged steel, precision machined striking face
  • Non marring, replaceable composite tip
  • Fiberglass shaft with soft touch grip
  • 21oz (590g) Head
  • Length: 13.5" (34.5cm)
  • Steel striking face: 1-3/8" (35mm) diameter
  • Plastic face: 1-11/16" (43mm) diameter
  • Replacement tip: Part #293









 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment