7 August 2018

Very hot, sunny & windy ride up the old Railway line to Hurbuck Farm & back

I have not been out on the bike for a few days so had to have a spin out today. It was mainly red hot (Garmin topped out at 27.4 degrees) sunny and a fairly strong head wind nearly all the way out. It was a straight forward out and back route along the old railway line from Brandon to Hurbuck farm and back. The lines were nearly all bone dry and dusty apart from some sections in shaded woods where there was still some dampness. The lines were very busy with other users enjoying the good weather. Once I turned at the gate and headed back I had a massive tailwind until I hit Meadowfield again. I took the Mason which is still on the 650b Hunt wheels. Below are a few snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon -




will have to google what this sign is about
 











the road is still shut between Brancepeth & Ushaw Moor


No comments:

Post a Comment