5 April 2018

Third Ride on E Mtb - Freezing cold, snow, ice but sunny !

Well yesterday as forecasted was a complete wash out for nearly 24 hours. We had lashing rail, hail, sleet, snow & wind. The temperatures varied from 3-4 degrees for most of the day then it shot up to 12 degrees to plummet back down to minus -1 degrees. Well I woke up to to a hard frost and all the rain had frozen solid so plenty of sheet black ice about. There was also plenty snow on the higher ground. The saturated ground topped up with more rain has caused plenty of localised flooding and the river Wear has gone over in a few places down in Durham so I was not expecting a dry ride lol. I fitted a second rear mudguard to try and stop most of the freezing cold water / mud covering my rear end from head to toe. It sort of worked and I was a lot drier when I got back in. The E bike is still flying through the sloppy muddy sections that you can not even walk on and is great fun. Todays local loop took in a great mix of terrain from old railway lines, to single track, country back lanes and a few sections of minor roads. I was not bothered about the freezing conditions as I had plenty of layers on and the sun was out. Its been that long I have forgot what it looked and felt like! Below are some sunny snaps for a change, enjoy and hopefully more soon -










































Back to washing bike clothes, bike and charge it back up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment