22 April 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - System-EX Allen Key Seatpost Collar

For some reason when I always come to sell a bike or frame I struggle to find the original seat collar. I don't like to leave a Hope or Thomson etc on as they are just too good and like to keep them for another bike / build. I was on the look out for some cheap ones to keep in stock just for reason and come across these on special from Merlin Cycles. I ordered a few and was not expecting much but when they landed the quality and design is excellent and worthy of putting on any bike really. You cannot fault them for the money and not had a slipped post yet with one. They only come in black but two different diameters. I have used all my stock up again so will be ordering more again soon from Merlin. Below is a link to the collars. I did not weigh them but don't feel heavy in the hand. The bolt is good quality and sizing is spot on, you don't have to stretch them open to ease onto the seat tubes.

RRP £7.00 and I paid £2.92 from MERLIN CYCLES

Good value and quality bolted seatpost collar.
  • Lightweight MTB seatpost clamp with A/K fixing.
  • Extruded alloy
  • Matt Black
  • Height: 15mm
  • 31.8mm & 34.9mm





No comments:

Post a Comment