18 February 2018

Sunday morning local village road ride - Norco Search

This morning route / ride was on the road around the surrounding villages of Durham City. I took the Norco Search as it has full mudguards as the roads are very wet / dirty and salty at the mo. It started off really cold with the Garmin reading minus -2.2 degrees and visibility was poor with fog. I had both my front and rear lights on along with three long sleeved tops / base layer / jacket, winter tights, winter socks, 45nrth hat under my helmet and winter road boots. The loop took in Pity Me, Sniperley, Whitesmocks, Crossgate, Neville's Cross, Cock of the North, Durham, Low Shincliffe, High Shincliffe, Bowburn, Park Hill, Coxhoe, Kelloe, Quarrinton Hill, Cassop, Shadforth, Ludworth, Haswell Plough, Littletown, Sherburn Hill, Sherburn Village, High Pittington, Low Pittington, Carville, Gilesgate, Durham, Dryburn, Sniperley, Pity Me and back home. All in just under 32 miles in 2hrs 19 mins with 2000ft of climbing. I decided not to do the extra loop from High Pittington to Easington Lane, Hetton Le Hole then over Morsley and back down to Low Pittington, leave that for another day when I fell fitter and better weather. Talking of the weather, it was dry but cold and windy. The sun tried to come out by the time I hit Carville but did not come to much. The temperature was + 2.0 degrees when I got back home. The roads / country lanes was not that busy with traffic so had an enjoyable but tiring ride near the end. I also had a lot of back pain which was causing a lot of discomfort in the saddle.
Below are some photos from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -

















Yesterday afternoon I dragged out the Norco Search and gave it a once over as it has not been used for a while and pumped up the tyres. All was well and put some lube on the chain / mechs and she was ready to rock and roll. I also gave the Litespeed a wash and lube before putting that away for another day.




Might have to flip the stem looking at this photo and see if that eases my back pain a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment