18 February 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Park Tool SP-7 Side Cutters

I have been looking at some new side cutters for a while as the ones I use all the time are too small and I don't have the strength to cut gear cables no more with them. I was going to buy some Bacho ones but ended up with these Park Tool cutters instead. They are longer so have the extra leverage. They cut through brake outer cable with ease and leaves a lovely clean square cut. Gear outer you have to put right at the bottom end of the cutter to cut through and leaves a slightly oval shape which just needs a quick squeeze with the cutters in the opposite direction to get the outer round again. Time will tell if they last as long as my smaller Stanley vde cutters. I cannot even remember when or where I got them from. They seem to be good quality for the money and are comfortable to use in your hand.
RRP £24.99 and I paid £17.99

Manufacturers Blurb - Professional quality 7" diagonal/side cutting pliers with soft touch dual density grips. Made from forged, heat-treated, cro-moly steel.






 


|Think my old cutters needs the handles cleaning!


Brake outer, perfect cut

Gear outer, clean cut but slightly out of shape. Sorry but camera would not focus on the end properly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment