25 February 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Cycling Climbs of the North East England Book

I bought Simons first 100 climbs book many years ago and was a very good read at the time. Now he has many more books out covering all the regions across the UK. When we were in the Lakes last Oct I spotted this book in George Fishers book section on the 1st floor and thought I would not mind a copy of that. Come crimbo I got a copy from the boyo's, champion just what I wanted. I have had a quick flick through and know most of the climbs in the Co Durham section but there are a few I also did not know about. I have ridden quite a few as well. Some of the rankings are a lot higher than I thought they would be! and some others less than what I thought they would be! There are also a few climbs that I have done / know of that are not in the book but then again he cannot put every one in as Co Durham is not exactly a flat county to say the least.
I am starting to read it properly now and making a list of the ones I want to have a go at when I get some fitness back and the weather picks up. 128 pages in colour and some cracking photos and descriptions.
RRP £8.99 and my lads paid full rrp but got a book mark and waterproof zip lock bag chucked in which is the correct size for a OS map, win win a chicken dinner!






No comments:

Post a Comment