10 May 2015

Fresh Goods Sunday - Part 2, Birzman Crown Race Setting Inserts

Following on from last week crown race setting tool I also purchased the Birzman 1 1/2" & 1 1/4" adaptor inserts. This means I should have an adaptor for every size of crown race. These are longer than the standard 1" & 1 1/8" adaptors so they fit over tapered fork steerer's. The quality and weight feels / looks ok and fit on the end of the tool nice and tight. The rrp on the 1.5" is £13.99 and the 1.25" is £12.99. Again I think this is on the steep side but as they were in a sale I paid £9.30 each inc next day delivery. In total it has cost me £43.30 for the tool and 4no adaptors. The rrp is £66.97, Park Tool - double that and more.






2 comments:

  1. im looking for 1 1/2 insert. where did u bought this sir?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pro bike kit, i think evans & wheelies also stock them.

    ReplyDelete