24 July 2014

Very hot midday ride in the sun

I was at work all day to day so Angus had a ride over and met up for a quick lunchtime ride. I had my Carbon Beargrease and he turned up with his Scott Addict cx! Yet again the cloud had burnt off and a blazing day of sun shine & high temperatures. The first climb was a killer as there was no shade, no breeze and facing straight into the sun. The second climb was mainly through the woods so plenty of shade but again sheltered from the breeze. Once we turned at the top to head back down we then got the breeze staright into our faces - lovely. I cooked myself on the climbs with Angus ripping my legs off on his cx bike on the inter linking road sections. Got my own back on the offroad downhill though. The ground conditions are bone dry & dusty at the mo with no sign of any rain either. Time for another day off work i think!  
Today meeting point


Here he comes on time

Top of the second climb

Not a good sight - red head, covered in dead fly things as well

Found this at the side of the road on the way back down, not sure what its about


No comments:

Post a Comment