1 September 2024

First sunny but very cold Autumn gravel ride in Co Durham

 


Well I did say it was starting to  feel like Autumn but yesterday morning when I went out on the bike the Garmin was reading 1.9 degrees! It was freezing but the sun was blazing away so made a huge difference to the ride. I was underdressed for the cold even though I looked out and wore my 3/4 bib knickers and merino winter socks. Later on after I climbed out of the valleys the temperature shot up to over 12 degrees where I felt I was over dressed, yes it that time of year again. There was quiet a few others out and about early doors on a Saturday. It was one of my regular loops taking in three of County Durham's old railway lines and a couple of connecting roads. All in it was just under 40 miles with 1800ft of climbing in 3hrs 1min. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 




















No comments:

Post a Comment