15 November 2020

Fresh Goods Sunday - Restarp Canister Handlebar Bag

 
I was after a small bar bag for my gravel bike coming into winter to carry my spare pertex coat and my small bag which I carry my phone, money, key etc in to take some weight off my back jersey pockets. I picked the Restrap one due to the size, its not too big and not too small. 200mm long, 100mm diameter which equates to 1.5 litres of storage. There are two small open mesh pockets on the outside, one at either end of the bag but not sure what you could put in them and if it would be safe from coming out during a ride. There is also a loop on the front where you can attach a small led light and I have used this from day one. The bag has one main zip running nearly the full length of the top and is of good quality. Access into the bag is spot on even for my big hands. On the inside there is bright orange material so makes it easier to find small items instead of against a black or dark material. I have used it in rain showers and have had no water ingress so far but I have not used it in heavy rain. The feel and construction of the bag is fantastic and looks to be real good quality for the money. Fitting is simple enough but check to make sure you have room on your handlebar for the straps. They are 100mm apart then the width of each strap either side. There are small foam spacers between the bag and the handlebars which is a cracking idea and the buckles seem to hold the straps well. I have only had to retighten mine once after a few rides after the bag had settled in. The only downside which I did not think about is when the bag has some heavy'ish items and you hit the rough stuff or bunny hop a kerb the bag swings/rotates around a lot. Shame there was not a velcro loop at the bottom of the bag which you could loop around your hose/brake cable or gear cable to stop it from launching around
RRP £44.99 + £3.59 p&p and I paid £37.99 inc p&p from Merlin Cycles. Discount 22%. 
 
Manufacturers blurb -  Made from textured nylon and with a top YKK zip, the spacious, yet compact bag is the ideal accompaniment for day rides. Elasticated side pockets and the unique canister shape mean you’ll easily have room for tools, technology and extra clothes. For early mornings or later evenings, the Canister Bag also has a loop to attach a front light.
Weight - 116g
Capacity - 1.5L
 






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment