22 December 2019

Early Sunday morning local road ride on the Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 and yearly catch up.


Well its nearly Christmas time again. Just where has the year gone? It has not been a very good year for me. I have had three operations within 12 months. My mum has passed away 5 weeks ago and we have been in and out of nearly every hospital in the north east with Janes mum and dad.
On the plus side Angus finished his four year electrical apprenticeship and has every qualification / certificate possible for all types of electrical installation. He now has a full time permanent contract and is enjoying his work and was supposed to be saving for a house deposit but has gone out and bought a new van! Arran finished school and did very well in his GCSE's and has gained a four year apprenticeship doing commercial floor laying and is loving every minute of it. He goes to New College for one day a week for two years then up to Cramlington College for one day a week for his third and fourth year.
Anyway I was supposed to get out on the bike this week but I have been busy at work and running about all over the place with Christmas stuff etc. We took Angus's car for its mot yesterday at Sherburn road and had a walk down into Durham to do some banking and breakfast. The walk back up is always a drag but enjoyed the fresh air for a change. Once back home is was back on with a few jobs before having a well deserved afternoon kip!
Last night I looked the bike out and my kit so it was ready to rock n roll this morning. It was still pitch black when I headed off out down the cycle land towards Chester Le Street. Once I got to the Red Lion it was fog to door and poor visibility. I nearly ended up over the bars just after I crossed the road going into the Chester Moor car park! How I kept on the bike I will never know. Once I dropped down to CLS the fog had gone. I then headed up to Stanley via Beamish and No Place. I then went through Annfield Plain and up to Pontop Pike. I joined onto the old railway line through Leadgate to Consett. Once through Consett I dropped on to the country lanes down to Knitsley then the back lane down to Lanchester. At the church I turned and headed straight up the Peth to Burnhope. It was not getting any warmer with the temperature hovering around 1 to 2 degrees.
I dropped down through Holmside then back up to Edmondsley then down through Waldridge. Down to the new bypass to Chester Moor then back home along the cycle path A167. All in 35 miles, 2400ft climbing, moving time 2 hours 29 mins and a big frozen smile on my face!
Enjoy the few snaps below and hopefully more soon -
































 

No comments:

Post a Comment