21 December 2014

Fresh Goods Sunday - Gear outer & inner cable

Its that time of year where i check through the cycle consumable stock and replemish the supply. Not sure why but i have gone through alot of gear inner & outer cable this year. Still got plenty of brake inner & outer so had a shop around. I normally just get a couple of meteres each time but found Planet x jobsworth pro workshop roll of 30m, rrp £9.99 which is not bad at all but i have voucher code and paid £8! = 27p per m. Probably enough to last me quite a few years. I also bought some spare inner cables as i was down to my last couple. I have used Clarks inner cables for the last few years without any problems and are good value for money. There are various different models from the cheapo universal galvanised £79p to £1.99 stainless steel. I opted for the Elite pre lubed version 99p but again i used the 20% off code so worked out at 80p each, cannot go wrong at the price!    First bike to try out the new cables is the Litespeed rear mech, the shift is dragging on the bottom of the cassette.

No comments:

Post a Comment