13 April 2014

Fresh Goods Sunday - Sram QuickView MTB & Road Garmin Mount @ Garmin Silicone Case 800 Series

When i bought my Garmin 800 the bundle package didnt inc a fly mount but when Angus got his new 510 there was one inc. On my Litespeed winter road bike i have the head unit mounted on top of my stem with a standard mount but when you are following a route map its too far back for viewing properly so i wanted to mount it in front of my bars. The garmin fly mount you cannot fault but the rrp is mega £'s so found these alternatives from Sram at a faction of the cost. They fit within minutes and hold the Garmin head unit with no problems. On my Beargrease i have the mount on the bars but can swivel around when the bands become stretched and you hit the rough stuff. I cannot use the standard mount on the stem as i have left some streerer tube / spacers above the stem and the stem is quite short. So when i found the Sram road version i noticed they did an MTB version which is mounted in the opposite direction and is shorter than the road version. I wasnt 100% sure it was going to work but by tweaking the angle of the bracket the unit clips in ok and is a perfect angle to view from the saddle. Road version £12.79 & MTB version £11.48 inc p&p. rrp £15. I also treated my Garmin to a new Silicone Case £6.83- green for when its on my Beargrease. I kept the standard black cover for when i use it on my other bikes. 








No comments:

Post a Comment