The front brake started squealing on my S-Works Creo 2 front brake a few weeks before it went into Infinity Cycles to get the rear wheel sorted out. I tried sanding and cleaning the DT Swiss pads and swapping front to back but it did not work. I tried rubbing down both sides of the disc braking surface on both discs, cleaning them with Isopropyl Alcohol and swapping front to rear and it did not work .I took the calliper off the adaptor and the adaptor off the forks and cleaned everything down and refitting, still did not stop the squealing.
I fitted the original Sram pads and realigned the calliper ready for breaking in on the first ride as per Sram instructions. Some how I don't think its going to work! That just leaves a problem with the adaptor or calliper. I did Google if facing the boss mounts would stop any squeal and come back with mixed results but it be the next thing to try. More on the next Blog after I do the Sram bedding in procedure.
No comments:
Post a Comment