If you follow my blog you may know that I now own two Creo 2 bikes. The first one has two pairs of Hunt 4 Season carbon wheels sets and the second Creo 2 the original Roval Terra CLX II wheelset.
After a few rides on the S-Works the rear wheel went slightly out of true so booked in for its first free service at Infinity Cycles where I bought the bike. They went to true the wheel and noticed the rim had two defects on the side wall of the rim. Specialized approved the warranty claim and sent out a new rim, spokes & nipples for a rebuild onto the existing hub. Not a clue how this would work out cheaper for Specialized than send out a full new rear wheel. After a month or so I got the bike back and had a couple of rides on it and all seems ok.
When the Creo 2 was first launched Specialized stated that where enough clearance for 299" x 2.2" tyres front & rear so I tested that and they were correct. On my second set of Hunt wheels I am running 700c x 47mm tyres.
On my S-Works Creo 2 I am running 700c x 40mm tyres so I have a combination of loads of different widths, grip etc . Below I have measured all the tyres fitted onto the rims.
Teravail Cannonball nearly new 47mm measuring 50mm | ||
| Teravail Cannonball nearly new 47mm measuring 50mm |
| Specialized Tracer (first edt) couple of years old 47mm measuring 51mm |
| Specialized Renegade 2.2" couple of years old measuring 56mm |
| Specialized Renegade 2.1" new measuring 56mm |
No comments:
Post a Comment